Friday, October 06, 2006

The Wiz report for Thursday and Friday

Please accept my apologies for not posting anything after Thursday's show, but I needed to get some sleep to gear up for the weekend!

Thursday night's Darwin was one to "write home" about. As I'm sure you know, Darwin likes to yell at the crowd. He'll tell people to "shut up". He may make fun of the way they laugh. He may even threaten to jump on them. At this performance, there was a kid towards the front who started conversing with Darwin. Jay was explaining that the difference between a human and a monkey is that the human has an opposable thumb. So the kid in the audience started to actively demonstrate that he had an opposable thumb too. I wish I could have seen it. It must have been adorable. But "adorable" isn't always Darwin's style - he then tried to scare the kid by asking him if he's ever seen "those Chuckie Movies" and then screams like Chuckie. Here's a shout out to the kid who showed Darwin that he has an opposable thumb too. And for those of you keeping score at home: I did not win Thursday's "name that monkey song".

Friday night's show was quite lovely. It was a great audience and a lot of fun. Today I did win "name that monkey song." It was a little bit of the Can-Can that went into the theme song from the old tv show "Love That Bob". If they're going to try to stump me, they've got to try harder than that.

Until the next one,
Wiz

No comments: