Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Wiz report for Saturday

The rules, they are a changin'! I'm talking about the Name That Monkey Song game, of course. As you may know, or can tell from the bitterness in my voice, I am losing my own game. I made up the game, I made up the rules, and I've been losing ever since. This afternoon I was completely wrong. I guessed "Yankee Doodle Dandy". The song was "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (please excuse the spelling). Not even close. This evening was a little challenging, as there were two songs. I couldn't get the beginning but I knew "Camptown Races" was the second half. I was right! It was the second half - but what was the first? No one knows. Not me, not Jay, not Darwin. At the end of the show, when Jay leaves the stage, he stops at my calling station and we discuss the song. During our discussion today we decided that we would change the rules a bit - if there are two songs, and I get one of them, I get a half a point. It doesn't seem like much, but every little bit helps.

And if you're keeping tabs on Spaulding...he was up to his old tricks for the matinee, rolling right off the stage. Jay pointed to where he wanted Spaulding to land (so the person throwing him back would know where to throw it - thus avoiding the scenario we had last night). So Jay points to the stage and the audience member (a.k.a. "the tosser") tosses him on the other side of Jay. After a few "I really meant here" gestures, we all started to laugh.

Spaulding was right on target for the evening show. Your guess is as good as mine!
Until the next one,
Wiz

3 comments:

Scott said...

Believe it or not, you spell Supercali-etc. correctly. I am impressed.

Linda said...

I got Camptown Races. There were two songs? Just when I'm finally getting it...of course the rules change.

Anonymous said...

Roomie,
Hope the weekend was a good one and you have a great Monday off. The "name the song" game MUST have started after opening night, because I remember Darwin singing MY song "My Way," and perhaps I was laughing so hard I missed it. Anyway, I love the idea. Make it an audience thing with cards and the winner/s get tickets to the show. It's an old guy's mind working...you see, we Senior Citizens" love FREE things.
Carry on,
dw
"The Wiz" sounds like a great guy...sorry I missed meeting him.