Friday, November 10, 2006

The Wiz report for Friday

I love charts - always have and always will. I think it started back when I was a kid. I was the only one in my family who used the charts in the tv guide rather than the actual listings. Charts are great. You can easily compare information at a glance. Who has time to read all the in between words?

Back when we were at the Atlantic, we were watching the run time of the show very closely. I made a chart. I timed each section of the show and put it all on a weekly spreadsheet. Some people made fun of the chart. Or maybe they were making fun of my obsession with it, I'm not sure which. At any rate, I had the answer when the question "where did we run long tonight" was asked. Flash forward a few years to recently when we were in preparation for the Cambridge run, and I had the answer when Murphy asked "how long did the stick horse story used to be". Luckily I saved my charts!

A few days ago, Jay told you about Spaulding and his antics. I wrote a comment back saying that I would make a chart. I've done just that. It dates back to Weds., Nov 8. I have columns for: on or off the deck, atmospheric conditions, responsive audience, entrance applause, Dow Jones up or down, and what color the Empire State Building is on that night. For all we know, the stock market could be affecting his entrance. We've tried every other option. Spaulding was fine tonight. Based on the chart, Spaulding will stay on the deck if it's warm outside, with a great crowd, with the Dow Jones up, and the Empire State Building red.

There is a debate as to what the monkey song was. Jay says it was "Thoroughly Modern Millie". Joe and I say "The Theme to the Muppet Show". Sometimes we never know who wins.

Until the next one,
Wiz

1 comment:

Linda said...

It was Thoroughly Modern Millie.