Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Wiz report for Friday

Tonight's show goes down in history as one of the best Friday's we've ever had - ever! It was an amazing audience and show. There were a good number of kids in the audience. This changes the show a tad - usually the rhythms. They respond to things differently than the adults, and the audience response as a whole changes. The audience response changes Jay's ryhthms and therefore changes how I call the cues. If Jay speeds up, I have to speak extra quickly and hope that lights and sound can keep up with me. If he slows down the opposite happens. I was kept on my toes tonight (as were Joe and Bob) and it was some of the best fun ever!

Long John (the severed head) got a terrific response - a great "eeww" for his entrance and applause after his last line.

Nethernore was at the top of his game. He had that audience in the palm of his hands. Or under his wing.

Spaulding was yet again the attention getter - leaping into the laps of those in the first row. By the way, my chart isn't working out so well. Not only can I not find a single common thread, but the Dow Jones is closed on weekends. As Roger, our prop person, will tell you, by Friday night we still have half a week's worth of shows to do.

And I would like to thank Darwin for a song that I know! It started out as some unknown jazz riff and turned into the theme song from "I Dream of Jeannie". Keep it monkey! Saturday's category: jingles from tv commercials.

Until the next one,
Wiz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Friday show (Nov. 17) and it was fantastic!!! it was the highlight of my trip to the Big Apple.