Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Arts theatre is always hopping. The landlord has every room in the theatre rented out to someone. I think if they could figure a way to keep a show running 24 hours a day they would. They are probably considering using one of the closets as an Equity waver theatre.

Last night there were three different shows running somewhere in the building after mine.

Since the Italian show closed we have had screenings, readings and limited run shows share our stage.  Our set has been struck more times than Joe Frazier. I joked with Julia that if the management could store wheat in the theatre on the day off they might just rent it out to farmers.

The sign in sheet is next to the upstairs bar. As I signed in today I saw the bar was teaming with activity. Not the usual production meeting or rehearsal, everyone in the bar was police. Sitting around a square of tables they were armed with radios, computers and maps. It looked like a modern day task force to find Jack the Ripper. I said to Gilda the facilities manager, "Have we assumed command of Heathrow Airport security?" She informed me this detail was the command center for security overseeing the Gay Pride parade in Soho.

I hope I don't get hay fever from the wheat.
As you were.
Jay

2 comments:

Wiz said...

Who signed in - you or Bob?
Wiz

Anonymous said...

what, no photo of the command force?
please...say you took one. and post it...
xx,Eleanor