Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Paying Respects

Thanks to Bryan Simon for snapping this photo in Hollywood last week.  After dining at Musso and Franks and taking the mandatory tour of the Chinese Theatre, I paused with Jimmy Nelson at the star of Edgar Bergen.  Mr. Bergen has a really good "Star" position on the Blvd.  He is right in front of the Kodak Theatre.  I would guess that the stars who show up for the Academy Awards this year will have to either walk on the star or right by it for this year's award ceremony.  As it is for real estate it is for fame, Location, Location, Location.
Bryan and Marge gave me a disk full of pictures they had taken. It didn't dawn on me that all the ones that I took did not have me in the frame. Nice to be included in the wonderful company.
There is an artistic shot that Bryan took that is clearly my favorite.  I will publish it soon when I have a chance to write about it.
What a great day with a really great man.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

P. Grecian said...

Jimmy Nelson is just the best. We've corresponded slightly, though he likely wouldn't remember, as it was a MUCH bigger deal for me than it was for him! I hope to meet him (and you!) one day out there in the real world.

Bob Conrad said...

I have been a big fan of jimmy's since the Texaco Star Theater days, and it nice to see he is well, and as well respected as he deserves to be. I too would like to meet both of you in the real world.