Monday, September 20, 2010

Touching Base

I appreciate all the learned interpretations of the Sweatshirt of Turin. It proves once again that the readers of this blog are mostly people who are in need of serious professional help.
I flew all the way to Victoria,BC to board the Rhapsody of the Seas. When I got here the driver took me directly to the Radiance of the Seas. I said that wasn't my ship. In an accent I couldn't identify he told me this is where he was told to come. He bailed out and started unloading my luggage. Before I could find my paper work he was gone. Although I would have bet my roll that this was the wrong ship, my name was on the manifest. This brings up an interesting proposition.
When entering Canada they ask why I was coming into the country. I told them I was just catching a ship and wouldn't be staying. The officer looked at me like he didn't believe me. He asked me the name of the ship. I told him it was the Rhapsody of the Seas. He looked at a computer screen to what I assumed was a list of ships in port and after a moment waved me through.
So here is the weird thing. If a guy said he was boarding a ship docked in the harbor, and the name of the ship he gave did not exist, would you wave him through into the country with out another question?
How safe do I feel now?
As you were,
Jay
www.monkeyjoke.com

No comments: