Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yipes

It seems this blog has taken on a life of its own since I have been at sea.
I am very sorry about the negativity it has generated, and the firestorm it caused. I never wanted to insert myself into an episode of "national personality bashing" or hurt the feelings of a good friend. It seems in a momentary lapse of judgment I have done both.

In my mind I was standing up for one of my good friends who I thought was being taken advantage of. He is far to nice to write a blog like I did or even complain about it. Turns out I didn't have the facts straight and he was not unhappy at all until my words hit the national airwaves.

I take credit and responsibility for everything I wrote and am not hiding behind some screen name. I realize now that negativity has a way of spreading exponentially and I should have known better than to engage in it.

Mike thanks for taking my call and setting me straight. I still think you are too nice to run a comedy club, but since you have been doing it successfully for 30 years what do I know.

Jimmy you are still the nicest guy in show business.

Jay are we going to have to go through this every time you change jobs?

Lastly...
When they make the movie out of this story... can I play Lacey?

As you were,
Jay
www.monkeyjoke.com

3 comments:

Roomie said...

R,
We are completely confused and we call ourselves afficianados (sp) of your blog, but we're stumped....thanks for that....guess we're on the outside looking in, huh? Glad you're home....and why is HS looking for you?
Carry on,
Mandy

Dave Robison said...

Hey Jay,

I'm not the blogger police, but I think this is like the third post you've pulled since its inception.

I do understand the negativity you are trying to avoid and it's possible that maybe you might have moved the Jay Leno story for legal reasons; but I would have let the story stand. You could have gone back and edited in a new Update with an explanation of why you may have had something wrong or an incorrect perception of the events leading to the story; or published a new entry linking back to the story with an explanation of the events and maybe a comment from Mike.

I've published blog entries before that sparked controversy, and have always either commented back to the comments or issued updates to the saga. I recall a tribute to Richard Pryor upon his death, that had people calling me a racist because I used his most famous album title as my post title.

Again, it's your blog and your rules. You are a much better writer than I, and I hate to see when you second guess yourself.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox, and am returning to as I was.

Dave

Roomie said...

R,
Mandy and I agree with Dave, but certainly know how you feel, as we have experienced a similar kind of thing in the last few months and it's just not pleasant any way you look at it....HANG IN THERE!!!!!!
We love you,
Carry on as only you can and certainly should....
B&P