Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday.... 2010
The first Monday of 2010 and I have started saying twenty-ten rather than two thousand and ten, less syllables, an economy of sounds. I am back doing my morning pages which seem to fill in for the need to blog so much. My journal is an unfiltered passport into what I am thinking and for now that needs to remain a closed account. Today with all the blogging, texting, commenting and tweeting it is not fashionable to keep an opinion to yourself, but I was just raised differently I guess.

I'm getting ready to go to New York for my shows. It will be busy, but I am glad to have it this time of year. York Theatre here I come. The Wiz will be calling the show, so I have no worries about how it will run. I am concerned that I will get frost bite to and from the Hotel to the Theatre. The weather does not look to inviting for a Southern Californian.

I just took a poll of friends. 83% of them have already broken one or more New Years resolutions. For me I make resolutions that I can't possibly break, like:

This year I will not poke a Badger with a spoon.
This year I will not set fire to my shoes while wearing them.
This year I will not drink plutonium.
Nor will I run naked through the House of Commons at the British Parliament.

That should take care of the resolution fall out this year.
Happy twenty-ten
As you were,
Jay

No comments: