Monday, February 16, 2009

Today is a very special day in the story of "The Two and Only".Feb 16, 1974 is the day I was booked to perform for the Miss Teenage America Pagent in Decatur, IL. It is the day I called my friend Art Sieving and ultimately became care taker of Harry O'Shea.

There aren't many anniversaries to my professional life, but this is certainly one. I guess I was subconsciously thinking of it last week when I waxed nostalgic about life's mentors. I regret that I never got to tell Art Sieving the impact he had on a young kid.

Perhaps like we celebrate Valentines Day we could find a date for Mentor's Day. Aren't the card companies always looking more dates to sell cards. From what I understand Mothers Day was a marketing invention of Hallmark.

So if the guy (or gal)who makes the rules is reading this right now...let's find a day.

As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay,
I imagine Art knew - otherwise he wouldn't have felt the bond that left Harry to you.

Appreciate your inspiration - keep blogging!
Thanks,

Bob Conrad said...

You certainly showed your appreciation in the show. I felt thta I knew Art and Harry.