Monday, December 01, 2008

December 1st ?
How can this be December already? Is it true that I will very soon have to come up with another New Years resolution, before I have really started last years?  After my admission last Friday that I hate to shop, is it really that time of year when buying presents is required?  Ultimately, Sandi does most of the gift shopping, but won't I have to surprise her with a present she didn't buy? What will I give the lady who has everything? After more than three decades what can I get her that she doesn't have already? Doesn't she have me?  Isn't that enough?

Have I been paying attention to the hints she has been throwing out all year? What was it that she said she would like just the other day? Did I forget already? And what if she gets me something that is of greater value than I get her?  How am I going to feel then?  Can we even afford Christmas this year?  

I usually give the boys a grinch present, but what will it be this year? Isn't it easier to find gifts for the boys now that they are grown? Or is it? Aren't their tastes more expensive now?  Remember those days when the very toy they wanted was the one no one could keep in stock? How many times have I called Toys Are Us to ask when the next shipment arrives? Remember those stressful Christmas'? Isn't it better now? What are you complaining about? Why don't I just go for it and stop the cry baby routine? What is the matter with that?

Is this blog going to be entirely written in questions?  What kind of style is that? Can you sustain an essay comprised of only questions? Who would even think of doing such a thing? Doesn't that become irritating for the reader? When will it stop? Isn't this blog entry about December the first? When did it get off on this "question track"? Can I keep going on with questions?   Who knows?
As you were?
Jay?

2 comments:

Bob Conrad said...

What was that?

Anonymous said...

hi jay
i am back in London for Carousel opening w mixed emotions--i walked by the Arts Theatre and our show is evidently still playing as the marquee is still up-are you holding out on me?
love
dan