Monday, August 17, 2009

Writers Block or Common Sense?
I can't think of a single thing I am contemplating today, or anything I plan to accomplish today which could possibly interest anyone else. I am suddenly losing perspective on this whole digital ethernet, blogging, Facebooking, Twittering informational complex. I have been writing a blog for several years now consistently, but I no longer remember why.

Why do I think that electronic friends, much less people called "followers" care what I am doing right now? There is just too much mundane information floating around with no purpose. And why am I contributing to the digital pollution? Why would I even write a blog about not having anything to write about? Isn't this the problem? I am writing and I can't shut up.

I have to sit down and think about this for awhile, take inventory, figure out what is important and if you are reading this, perhaps you need to do so as well.

I'll get back to you.
Jay

5 comments:

Connie Kaplan said...

You make me smile. Isn't that worth it? You make me smile EVERY time you post. That's important.,

Roomie said...

This blog is about the only way we are able to keep up with you.....that's why we read it...and we appreciate the effort you make almost on a daily basis to keep in touch with us in this way....and like Connie said, it makes me smile, sometimes giggle, and even better, sometimes I find myself laughing out loud....does that make it worth it for you to know that Mandy and I love you and your blog?
Carry on,
B&P

Linda said...

I read your blog cuz I like ya! You make me laugh and think about things I'd never thought of.

Not only that, I look up to you as a writer and storyteller... and that's why I keep coming back.

So there!

Anonymous said...

Jay:

Unlike some of the other posters, we don't know each other, but I enjoy your ventriloquial and other musings. They are entertaining and often enlightening and always worth reading. I am disappointed the days you don't post, so please keep it up.

Bob Baker

Steve Brogan said...

Its my daily connection to like mindedness... especially the ventriloquial musings of past, present and future. Please Jay, "As you were".

Steve Brogan