Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Life through a Lens
I probably don't take enough photos to document my experiences. However, I decided when the kids were young that I did not want to experience them growing up through a video camera lens. There were so many school plays that I didn't get to enjoy simply because I was watching it through the tiny view finder of a video camera. So perhaps I could do a better job of journalizing through pictures. But there is more excitement in actually being there in the moment and not trying to capture it for someone else who isn't.

With that preamble, below is a quick video of the Vent Haven exhibit that was done for me at the convention. The lady who is featured is Lisa Sweasy the former curator at the Museum. She is a very funny person and knows more about the collection and Mr. Berger than most anyone around. At the end are Bryan and Marge Simon who really were the sparks to get me going on the donation. They also produced the documentary on ventriloquism "I'm no Dummy"
Soon to be released by Salient Media. It is a great documentary... you should check it out.

This Video is intended to show the exhibit in an interesting way. There are just enough photos for me to remember the time without sacrificing actually being there behind a camera. Hope you enjoy

As you were,
Jay

3 comments:

Dale said...

Jay,
Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Dale

Blog de Elvi Ventrilocuo said...

Tank You. Muchas gracias por tu trabajo I enjoy your creativity very much.
Elvi ventriloquist

Roomie said...

You are one talented and fortunate dude....
Carry on,
B&P