Thursday, January 08, 2009

Da Venus Code
I always get confused with that John Gray book, "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars". When I am not looking at the title I forget which sex is from which planet. Granted this geographical sex question does not come up often, but when it does I have to strain my brain to sort it out. I finally came up with a childlike rhyme to help me. "If you have a penis you are not from Venus." The fact that "men" starts with the same letter as "Mars"could work just as well, but you don't get to say the word penis. Ha Ha... penis. It is almost as good a word as "wiener." But I digress....

This Christmas we got a card from a family we usually hear from at this time of year. For the sake of discussion let's call them Jack and Jill. Jack and Jill are always the first ones to send a card but instead of being one of the first cards we received, this year, it was, indeed, the last. This fact alone was enough for my Venus wife to take notice. Jack and Jill always send a picture card with the five family members posed and happy. I normally take notice that they usually pose around some new expensive item. One year it was their new Hummer and another year by the pool of their new house. This time it was only a picture of the Jill and girls posed in a snap shot outdoors. Upon receipt Sandi said, "Take a look at this."

I noticed that the girls had grown a little and they still looked like Jill, but nothing else struck my Mars mentality. I think I made some remark like "What happened they didn't buy anything this year?" Sandi gave me a look and said, "I think Jack and Jill have split up."

Sure enough upon tutored examination of the coded photo I too saw the Venus code. I might have thought that Jack was not in the picture because he was the photographer, but upon more examination we found it was sent not from Jack and Jill, but only Jill's name was on the return.

This is how one Venus female communicates to the other Venus females that she has "dumped the Bastard". What else are they communicating that we Martians do not have access to?

Watch your backs Martian Men.
As you were,
Jay

No comments: