Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Tweet This

There are some guys who excel at one liners.  Steven Wright and Eddie Izzard to name a few. They seem to be able to condense their humor down to 144 characters. This makes for great tweets from them. 
 I can't seem to do that.  I feel like I'm in a box when I start to tweet.  It just takes me longer to say the same thing. For me it is the equivalent of trying to write Moby Dick using only 12 out or the 26 letters of the alphabet. 
With that in mind, I was struck with a thought today that is not so complicated that I could not express it in a tweet.  However, the explanation of why I am not writing it as a tweet has now taken me more to express than the allotted characters.  Nonetheless here goes:
Last night about 4:30 am I got up to go into the kitchen for a glass of water.  The house was dark except for a light on the fridge. It is not very bright but in the darkness it was a beacon. 
I got my water and headed back to the bedroom.  My eyes became accustomed to the small kitchen light so that I was not adjusted to the darkness walking back.  I bumped into a chair, spilled a little water on myself when I brushed the wall, and generally had to very carefully navigate my way back.  It seemed so much easier going to the kitchen than returning from it, and not because I was carrying a glass of water. 
Lying back in bed I started to think about what had just happened.  The word "enlightenment" came to me.  It seems that I had just experienced a metaphor for enlightenment.  Walking toward the light was a snap... walking away from the light was not.  To make our way easier we need to always be walking toward the light.
I suppose one can symbolize the light in any way you want to.  It could be a professional goal, or a spiritual awakening you are walking toward.  Either way, if it is defined well enough or illuminated to even a small degree your steps will be easier.
Find a goal, define it and make it shine in your consciousness. Once you see it clearly in your mind proceed in that direction.  The light of the goal will show you the way. If you reach that goal illuminate another one and head in that direction.  If you start running into obstacles try to see the light of your goal more clearly just to make sure you are walking in the right direction. Trying to walk in the light.. that is the meaning I get from enlightenment.
Tweet over and over tweeted.
As you were,
Jay  

1 comment:

thedavidbeach said...

Whats your twitter handle?
@thedavibeach