Monday, April 01, 2013

So Long Readers....Retiring the Blog....

I have been writing this blog for seven years. I have tried to keep a daily schedule of posts, which at times has been difficult for several reasons. Often it is because I am out of the country and my Internet connection is not sufficient.  Other times I have had to censor myself and not write what was honestly on my mind. The freedom of self expression is also an unfiltered one, and not always appreciated by those who have walked into the cross hairs of my literary attention.
Official Time Out Called
But all in all I have enjoyed this almost decade of being a blog writer. I appreciate all of you who have commented over the years.  It was a validation that someone was reading out there, and to be honest I have become online friends with several regular readers of this blog.      But flowers eventually fade and leaves fall as time marches on. I have decided to stop writing the blog and dedicate my attentions to another cause. I have accepted a writing job at the Instruction Settlement Corporation. Tomorrow I start my job writing the instructions for government required packaging of products. At first it will just be the nutritional content of various snack food labels, but I hope to move up in the company so that I can eventually write the warning labels for cigarette packages. Thank you all so much for reading this eclectic and random form that I have been participating in since the late summer of 2006. I wish you the best. 
In the absence of my blog here are some other addresses that you might check out as a reader.

Until we meet again, Thank you for all your help and encouragement for me to continue.
As you were,
Jay

PS... I'm not going anywhere. Happy April Fools Day.....


8 comments:

P. Grecian said...

Scared the hell outta me. I shouted "What!!" and scared the dogs.

Anonymous said...

Ya got me!

scottgrr said...

Had me going there for a moment . . but when you described you new job and I looked at the calendar . . it made sense. H.A.F.D. to you to.

Ben and MJ said...

I always pride myself on never being caught out on April Fool's Day... darn! :)

MRich said...

The URL's linking back to the blog page was a nice touch.

Unknown said...

Jay, you scoundrel! From those of us who delight in your wit, who appreciate your eclectic humor, ad nauseum ... whatever! (Spellcheck says I barfed!) You bring sanity and understanding to this crazy world. Never leave us 'in search of the lost chord'! Since the days of 'Soap' and Comedy Stores ... your pal Fred Davidson a.k.a. freadyonmaui

Unknown said...

ARGH! Ya got me! And to think I was priding myself on not falling for one April Fools joke all day! Then you come along. . . Kudos to you.

Kenny Croes said...

say it ain't so! say it ain't so! phew! you said it ain't so. i held my breath the entire time as i read your "parting" post. i got kinda light headed. and that was fun. think i'll read it again!