Friday, March 12, 2010

Exaggerators Anonymous
It seems like a 12 step process can be applied to almost any problem. I have a friend who is a chronic exaggerator. He exaggerates all the time and it really gets in the way of any social interaction, because you never know what the truth really is. Most any statistic he quotes is made up.

Online I found an organization called Exaggerators Anonymous with meetings here in the San Fernando Valley. I suggested that my friend check it out. He said he would. I wasn 't sure if that was, yet again, another one of his exaggerations.

I ran into him yesterday. We talked for a minute and finally I got around to asking him if he had started the program. He said no. When I asked him why he told me "I was going to go to Exaggerators Anonymous... but didn't have the time... They must have a thousand meetings a week."

I made that up... it's Friday. I am trying to solve a second act problem.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Bob Conrad said...

I think it was just an exaggeration.

Roomie said...

Mandy and I totally agree with Bob...."and that is all that we have to say about that...."
Carry on,
B&P