Thursday, December 17, 2009


Gary Larson
Sometimes when people ask me what I would want to be if I was not doing what I am, I tell them I would like to be a cartoonist like Gary Larson. Funny and irreverent and a job that only requires a pen, paper and imagination. Someone told me that between his books, his cartoon strip, calendars, cups, postcards and greeting cards each one of his drawings was licensed about eleven times.

On this holiday season I am reminded of one of his cartoons. There is a reindeer with a large red nose sitting in the leather chair of his macho den. Around him is a gun rack and the mounted heads of several reindeer with the names Donner, Cupid and Blitzen. The caption is simply:
"All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names."

Sort of fits my bipolar thoughts of the day.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Roomie said...

We love you and your humor!!!!!Have a happy day!
Carry on,
D&M

Darice Lang said...

Two of my all time favorites... I can see you as a cartoonist :)