Monday, May 25, 2009

Someone wished me a Happy Memorial Day. I thought about is for a very long time and wondered if it was not an oxymoron. I suppose a day to remember fallen soldiers could existentially be happy, but remembering loved ones who have died before their time in hostility is not really a happy notion.

So here is to Memorial Day. Thanks to all the people like my Dad who fought, sacrificed or died in World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq, Bosnia, World War I, The Spanish American War, The Civil War.... well you get the idea there are really too many wars to really even list. So many people died, were crippled or broken because we just can't get along. Here is hoping that some day we figure out a better solution.

Have a Grateful Memorial Day.
As you were,
Jay

No comments: