Tuesday, October 07, 2008

How much is that Billion in the Window?
I am not an economist, nor do I want to be. I was also not the best math student at RHS, but here is some simple math for those who are kicking around $700 billion dollars like it is pocket change. A billion seconds is 31.7 years. So if you were to make a dollar a second starting now, you could make $700 billion in roughly 22,140 years.

Of course in 22, 140 years you would have to adjust for inflation and the constant change in the value of money. You might figure on 25,000 years just to be safe.

To state our national debt, you have to figure the math in trillions. A trillion seconds is 31,546 years. The current bailout plan calls for us to increase the National debt to 11 trillion. So, to pay for that by earning a dollar a second, well, you could pay for it roughly in the 318,006 years.

If you could make a dollar a second you would be making $604,800 a week or $86,400 a day.

Run and hide, monkeys are in charge of the bank.
As you were,
Jay


2 comments:

Linda said...

the bigger question is.... this is rather unclear to me...

Where exactly is that 700 billion coming from? I think I missed that memo.

Roomie said...

Both of you are scaring me worse than I already was with this kinda talk!