Saturday, August 02, 2008

Very exciting. Today a large envelope arrived bearing the stamp of the Royal Post. It is indeed my name plate from the dressing room door of the Arts Theatre (Formerly of Death!) Like me it has made the journey home more displaced than worn. It is wonderful to be united with the plastic symbol of my noted career. It was wrapped in lime green tissue paper, which I know was the perfect Julia touch.  Thank you Miss Julia, for taking the time to reunite me with my stuff.  

However there was another mystery included in the package. Julia sent a card with these letters strewn about the envelope. She made no reference to the letters,  and they mocked me as they looked up  from the table, saying "solve me if you can puppet man."  

Knowing Julia these were certainly not random letters which happened to be with the card. In fact they seemed to be separate from the card altogether.  For a dyslexic brain like mine this is a night mare.  Trying to visualize letters in a certain order to create words is just not my thing.  I gave it a good try.  And came up with a few ideas, nothing seemed to be the idea intended, or was it?  Among the attempts:

Den a lot thy own.
A town den thy lo.
The tony and owl
A Dent on thy owl 
Deathly not now.

After "deathly" I became scared and gave up. I asked Sandi if she could make anything out of these letters.  Miss, "I never miss the crossword puzzle in the Times," looked at the letters and without hesitation spelled out the following.  I am very sure that was the intent. 

Don't know how I could have missed that.  Thank you Julia.
As you were,
Jay

No comments: