Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jo Ann the publicity lady for the Majestic Theatre in Dallas wrote to me requesting video footage of The Two and Only for publicity. It is not material that I have possession of. This is something the producers usually take care of. It is, after all, in their own best interest to promote the show.

So, I write to three members of the Broadway team, the publicist, the marketing guy and the lead producer, asking them to send the material to Jo Ann.

I immediately get three emails back. One from each of the people I
wrote.

Publicist says, "We will get it sorted out."

Marketing says, "I'll get right on it."

Lead producer says, "Who is Jo Ann?"

As you were,
Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess that's why us little guys do our own promotion. If you want it done ,do it yourself. I guess it's the same even in the bigger markets. You are right, if they did their job, you could concentrate on doing yours.

I miss your daily mussings, after seeing your show at the Hell& Hayes. I started reading your thoughts everyday. Lots of luck in Dallas, keep pluging your show was great.

Bob Conrad