Friday, June 23, 2017

24/7 Trump

I was talking to a friend this morning about the business of shows, show business.  We determined that there are two types of people who seek the path of show business.  Some go into the world of entertainment because they want to express their desire to make ART.  Others go into show business to wallow in FAME.  Although that distinction is not so easily quantified and the line gets blurred the two ideas come from two completely different perspectives.
Not until this administration, now dubbed the Trump Era, did I realize that the world of politics has fostered similar personality traits.  There are two kinds of people who seek a political career.  Some go into government because they have a desire to help make our democracy stronger.  Others go into politics to wallow in wealth and FAME.  
I don't know anything about politics, I have never been interested in running for any office. Some of the reasons are: I do not feel like I am qualified, I do not have a burning desire nor any talent in that area. But I now see if I lacked a desire for Artistic expression I might want to go into politics, if fame was my goal. I can see now, thanks to the Trump Era madness, that some politicians today want fame more than they want to do the job of governing.  
Silent Auction Item at LA Charity
Total number of bids on Trump Collage.....


Mr. Trump is not interested in Making America Great. He does not care about helping Americans who can't afford to joint his Golf clubs. He even said exactly those words in a rally this week. He thinks rich people are better suited for the job of governing than poor people that is why his cabinet is the single richest body of  profiteers ever assembled in one administration.  It is not unlike the Russian model of Oligarchy where the rich dictator gets to assign lucrative, highly profitable businesses to his friends.  Then the dictator makes sure the "government" does not interfere with regulations that might keep the people safe but impede profits.  That is not a politician nor a leader that is a monopoly granter. 
Trumps motives are even less ingenuous.  All he wants is the fame of being the "leader". He doesn't want to earn the title he simply wants the title "bestowed" upon him. He wants to dominate the conversation, not to stimulate the discussion toward a negotiated goal, but simply to hog the fame for himself.  He is by personality and experience the worst kind of person we could have as any sort of leader.  Trump is the very kind of carpetbagger and tycoon the government should be protecting Americans from.  
His lies are not even good ones.  He lies about things that can be disproved with a smart phone, and disputed by his own words.  He has no care that he is caught in a lie, the fact a lie caused people to talk about him fulfills his need for adoration and attention.  The lesson of "The little Boy who Cried Woof" is totally lost on Mr. Trump.  The lying boy is mauled and in some versions eaten by the wolf because no one believes him when he actually does speak the truth.  Mr. Trump is setting himself up to be eaten alive by the lies he is telling.  That in itself is of no concern to me.  I believe in Karma and ultimate justice.  "God has a way of bringing down the over-bearing, God's dice are always loaded."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson.   Unfortunately I am not the one to deliver the retribution to this ego maniac and may not live long enough to see it happen, but it will.  
My fear is that the wolf will not be satisfied to just eat the cheeto flavored blubber that is our tar baby president, I fear he will continue to hunger until more than just the rich assholes are devoured.  
There are no tapes of the Trump/ Comey conversation. If they did ever exist, 41 days of speculation is enough time to summon Rosemary Woods from the grave to accidentally erase the content.  So in absence of any evidence to the contrary are we going to believe a career man in law enforcement who has a sterling reputation for telling the Truth, or a known liar who lies about every aspect of his life.  Hello Karma... this is a no- brainier.  
Here is the dilemma for me.  With 24/7 Trump on every news cast, and every comic who has a daily monologue writing jokes about the Orange wonder, I am bereft of any inspiration to write about most anything else.  What is the point?  If I had information about him that no one knew, I might have a motive for commentary.  I don't.  All I know is what I see him doing, saying and how he is behaving. It seems wrong on every detail. If his supporters won't even acknowledge that the Emperor is  naked, why am I preaching to the saved?  Is there nothing the orange embarrassment can do that would sully their blind faith in this extremely unqualified human.  
His obsessive need to be the dominate headline even if it is due to a lie or his own stupidity has a sour affect on the thinking of the world.  I have a hard time seeing anything funny when this guy is in charge.  Now I have a cousin who will say, "Yeah, but we suffered through 8 years of the same thing, so it is your turn."  To that cousin I would say... "No you didn't".  Late night television was not obsessed with the stupidity of our President back then. They saw humor when it was there, and irony if it was relevant, it was not Obama 24/7. There were no scandals, no special prosecutors, no question of the integrity of the elections, we had a complete government, and an articulate intelligent representative in the White House. But again, my cousin would not be able to see that any more than the fact that Cheeto is completely naked.
I don't thing the governmental process is swift enough to get Trump out of office before the next election.  I think too many in government are using the narcissism of the President to feed their own desire for fame.  Hello... Karma, bring a large van...
So I will try harder to find things of interest, humor or value to write about.  Trump is a bore and a boar, and I am tired of seeing his face.  I would hope he would just fade into the sunset of bad politicians, but he is not qualified even to be a bad politician.  Although I would not like to see his body hung at a gas station upside down so the masses could use him for a piñata (like his doppelganger Mussolini), I would like to see Karma be as swift with judgment of him.  But perhaps the worst thing I can do to Mr. Trump is dismiss him.  I shall ignore him as much as possible and at least not perpetuate his desire to be famous.  Mr. Trump your 15 minutes has expired. Please go away now.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

P. Grecian said...

Bravo. I just posted a list put together by the New York Times outlining every single lie since Li'l Donnie came on board. It is both fascinating and terrifying. Another great commentary, Jay.

bad boy of the sooth said...

Excellent opinion piece,Mr.Johnson.
As this is my first time to comment,but not first time to read your posts,I applaud you,sir.well done.