Sunday, March 02, 2008

I look forward to seeing all in attendance at our run at the AJ
Fliecher Opera Theater in Raleigh, NC this week. Yeah, I know that
date in not on the tour calendar of "THE TWO AND ONLY" website. I hope
there has been local publicity, cause I definitely will be there. I
understand the first night is sold out. That's a nice thing. I can't
wait to get back to doing the show. I love to perform, and I guess I
love to perform "The Two and Only" most of all. So, to all who come to
the AJ Fliecher Opera Theater... I can't wait to see you.

Sandi and I just returned from a quick working cruise from Sydney to
Brisbane, Australia. We were only on the ship three days and it seemed
to take almost that long to get to the ship. I performed two shows on
one evening, so it was fairly easy. I loved Australia

Travel has been the motivation for most of the great stories of the
world. Great adventurers have made careers out of recounting stories
from their travels. "A funny thing happened to me on the way to...."
is classic standard comedy set up line. The thing one remembers most
from their latest trip becomes a tale of great value. So........ After
48 hours in Sydney, 38 hours on board the Serenity, 18 hours in
Brisbane, 6 hours in Hong Kong and 34 hours on three different
airplanes in the last 7 days here is what I remember most. The list is
short, I will arrange in bullet points:
-The worn purple 1950's carpet covering the Grand Entrance stairs to
the Symphony Hall of the Sydney Opera House.
-The puppet shop located on the lower level of the Rocks.
-The massive expanse of the duty free shops and the size of the Hong
Kong airport
-The love I immediately felt for Australia
-The airport security over seas is so much better, efficient and
pleasant than the TSA in America
I could write a blog on each one of those points, but tomorrow I travel
again and there will be other bullet point to be added to the list. I
am way behind already with stories to be told. I have to stop traveling
to actually write about traveling. It is a catch 22.

Both Qantas and Cathy Pacific Airlines are members of the one world
alliance. This means the frequent flier miles back from Australia will
be added to the two million, two hundred thousand miles I have on
American Airlines already. For all the traveling I have been doing the
One World Alliance will reward me with... you guessed it.... Free
Travel. I think this is the text book definition of a squirrel cage
existence.
As you were,
Jay

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I admire people that can travel. I don't like to be too far away from my home, and I don't like to travel unless I am in my own vehicle. Control issues.

I really admire the fact that you can travel as much as you do and give your all to your audience. That is truly a sign of a person that loves what he is doing, and is doing what he was meant to do.

Anonymous said...

We were beginning to wonder if you had fallen of the face of the earth....but, alas, NO WAY. Back and forth to Australia, et.al, and now never to pay for air fare again...congrats. There is NO sign of you anywhere in Raleigh at any venue connected to the A.J. Fletcher Opera Theatre for the Performing Arts at Progress Energy Center. I admit that I am computer challenged but have searched everywhere, so unless you are part of the "Armphibian reptile" day show (Mandy said that could be you), we can't find you. Hope all goes well....certainly sounds like it does....and that we will hear from you or see you before we (DW&M) get too old to travel. Hope all the shows are sold out....you and the boys deserve that. I, unlike Cheryl, love to get FAR from the house here in the hills. We are looking for 4-6" of snow tonight so will plan lots of music and hot chocolate tomorrow as it will all be gone on Saturday.
All best to you and as always,
"BREAK SOME LEGS!!!!!!"
Roomie & Mandy(theoperapup)

Anonymous said...

Jay- if you paid for advertising
for you Raleigh show, they ripped you off! The only "advertising" I saw for your Raleigh show was in the playbill for the "The Drowsy Chaperone".

PLEASE get your web site updated
for your upcoming performances so I can let my friends know where to go see you!

We really enjoyed your show- we laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes.

K

Arno's clan said...

Hi Jay,

I knew you flew a lot, but I didn't realize you were AA royalty (Executive Platinum). I've been a flight attendant for AA for almost 10 years now, but I mostly fly the international routes. Occasionally, I get bumped back to domestic flying (like this month and next) because of route reductions or unexpected pilot retirements. Maybe one day our paths will cross in the air. Break a leg in Raleigh and hello to the family and crew.

Bobby