Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dallas Opening

When Zero, the head of electrics at the Majestic Theatre, told me about Mr. Hobbetsell the ghost that haunts backstage I knew I was in the right place. Mr. Hobbetsell has been particularly active in advance of my show. I personally can't wait to meet him.

The opening was great here in Dallas last night, the Theatre is fabulous and the set looks beautiful on stage. There was a wonderful opening night party afterwards. Dallas is a very elegant city and never more so than the support of the arts.

I don't read reviews but they tell me that they are good and the Dallas Morning News was a valentine.

I have so many wonderful friends who are coming. Jane Hitch who was in the first Six Flags show I did and also in the cast of the show at Six Flags Over Georgia was at the show and the party. She is beautiful as ever. What great friends show business makes.

I am typing this with my thumbs so I will write more later, but enough to say it is certainly very exciting to be doing the show here and in this theater.
As you were,
Jay
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

7 comments:

BBB said...

Jay! I will be in the audience at the 2pm show on Sat. 3rd row...left. I am so excited to be seeing you again! Congratulations on your well deserved success!! My best to Sandy!

Anonymous said...

Jay, saw the 2:00 show with my wife and sister, we loved it. I was surprised by the personal content and it made the show.

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please come to Detroit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,
I saw the show opening night in Dallas, and I was so impressed. It seemed like you tailored the show to a Dallas audience.
I've always had a special place in my heart for ventriloquists, starting with my first big crush on Paul Winchell!
I didn't know much about the show beforehand, and I suppose I was expecting 'a puppet show', so I was really thrilled to see that it is so much more than a puppet show. I can see why you won the Tony award. If your performance in New York was as good as your performance here, you certainly desrved it. Hope to see you here again soon!

lisa stover said...

I saw your show on Thursday night and it was awesome! You are the best! I couldn't stop smiling from the opening line all the way home. Thank you for the meet and greet afterwards. I was thrilled to meet you and I hope you get a chance to come to the conVENTion in Kentucky soon.

Anonymous said...

Jay, saw your 2pm show on Saturday. Thanks so much for the autographs and a wonderful visit with Art and your friends. You had my hubby in tears at one point - and he kept shaking his head and saying Wow for the rest of the day. Wonderful to get to see you again.

Dwayne said...

Dear Jay, Was really diasppointed we did not get to make it to your show in Dallas. Brent and I will always remember all the nights you and squeky entertained us and the other neighborhood kids in your bed room window. We are thrilled for you and your success. We wish you continued success and hopefully a chance to see you perform again someday.
Best Reagards , Dwayne & Brent Wolf

Would love to hear from you if you can find the time. I (Dwayne)have a myspace account myspace.com/dwaynewolf

P.S. tell Squeky we said hello, and we think Squeky is a much better performer than BOB "LOL"