Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'd Like to Thank the Academy....

In the years that Sandi was dancing she performed on more than a dozen Academy Awards broadcasts.She even danced for Ron Field one year on the Academy Awards show when she was 4 months pregnant with our second son, Taylor.   It was always a time when I was required to play Mr. Mom while she was in rehearsal. It seems like they rehearsed for weeks.  The build up to the actual show was perceived on a totally different level for me during those years.  I counted down, not to the show itself, but to the prospect of getting our home back to normal.  

One particular year I remember watching the telecast with Brandon in a high chair eating mushed carrots. Actually it was only Brandon who was eating the carrots, I have forgotten what I was having. But since I was sitting in a directors chair while I was feeding him, I technically was in a high chair too.  As Sandi would dance by the camera I would say, "There's Mommy".  Soon Brandon was calling every female dancer Mommy. 
On a year when Sandi was not working the show we baby sat the kids of our friends who were there to receive the Best Picture of the year. 
So, through the years of having a vested interest in the Academy Awards Presentation I have gotten good at predicting winners. We have even had a betting pool at our Academy Awards parties in the past. We will not do that at the low key party this year since I usually win anyway. I was trounced by Brandon a couple of years, but my track record remains high.
I will be publishing my predictions tomorrow, Monday, at 7:00 in the morning.
As you were,
Jay

No comments: