Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Outage..
I had to sit at Starbucks ith my iPad to get on line yesterday. Time Warner intenet cable was down the enire day at my house. As of this morning it was still not working. TO think that we got along very well for years before email and the internet did not sway my frustaions trying to figure out what was wrong. In fact it was a feeling of isolation yesterday. I still had a phone but it felt like I was not in communication with the real world. I called thee company so many times I felt like the iconic "complaining cable customer".
I knew this Thanksgiving week would be a difficult week to write, but I did not think that the connection would be the problem.
More later.
As you were,
Jsy

1 comment:

P. Grecian said...

I know what you mean. A week or so ago I couldn't get on the Internet. I thought, "Did I pay my bill?" I checked. Of course I did.
So I spent over an hour crawling around under the desk, following the phone line, checking the power, following the little box that somehow makes the phone line connection NOT dial-up.
I discovered that I need to vacuum under the desk.
Finally I thought,"Well, looks like I'm going to have to see about getting a repair guy over."
I picked up the phone and the line was dead.
Turns out someone had cut the phone cable while working on a sewer line.
And for several more hours I seemed to be living on a desert island.
Funny how quickly we come to rely on these things.