Saturday, August 14, 2010

On the Road

Whittier Alaska, I don't know exactly where that is, but I can see Sarah Palin from here. We are taking on new passengers under a foggy and ominous sky. I love the ship on change over days. It is empty, I am alone. No one around and the crew is very busy getting ready for the next bunch. It feels like my personal Yacht.
Glacier Bay a day ago was spectacular, a crystal clear sky accented by that electric blue color of the ice. Some one said they saw a bear. They thought it was a bear, because a black speck on the shore was moving.
I saw a puffin. A black bird with a beak and head painted by Peter Max. Unrealistic, had to be a Disney creation.
I have been on a hundred or more cruises and never paid for a single one. I did have to work, but my work is a pleasure to me. However, I know some save up for a long time for a trip like this. On deck I heard s lady say,
"Is the glacier under all that snow?" Some people should just save their money and watch the travel channel.
I'm half way trough my trip. Three more shows and I head for home. As beautiful as it is, I miss my family and "my stuff" at home. Tis the cross of all entertainers.
I just completed a week of questions for the Steve Axtell vent Forum. Amazing to be able to respond to questions from people all over the world, while I am sailing the seas. Some great questions that made me think about what I do and why I do it. It was a pleasure, thanks Ax for the invitation. More later as I catch the intermittent internet signal.
As you were,
Jay
www.monkeyjoke.com

No comments: