Friday, August 20, 2010

Back for a Moment
It is nice to be in my own bed for a couple of days.  I can reach out and literally touch my wife and roll over with out hitting a bulkhead wall.  My first shower back home, I was too scared to come out of the corner.  The vastness of space frightened me. It is also a shock to look out a square window and see the exact same scenery I saw when I went to bed. 

This is a picture of the Hubbard Glacier from the porthole of my room.  I liked the composition, but that is not the way to view a Glacier like the Hubbard.  You have to be out on an open deck to hear it.  What is known as White Thunder is spectacular. That is the sound that the Glacier makes with the ice cracks.  Not to be confused with White Lightening which makes your head crack.  
The White Thunder is very impressive.  You have to find a place on deck where there aren't too many people talking about their Medicare provider, so you can listen quietly to the affect.  I  just can't get enough of it,  although I will try, since I will see it eight more times in the coming weeks.
Not much new to report. Glad to be home.  I send thoughts and prayers to Dad.  Get back home soon.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Roomie said...

R....
First of all...we do know what "white lightening" is...moonshine, but thanks for "white thunder"....you are very fortunate to be able to see and do all of these fabulous things and see all these sights...and at least you DID have a porthole in your space....8 more times....wow...we hope that your Dad is well and send our thoughts and prayers if he is ill and also Mandy wants to know when you are going to put up a copy of your gigs next season so we can plan ahead.......
Carry on,
D&P

Roomie said...

I knew we forgot something...watch how you talk about Medicare....you will be glad that you have it in a few years, but do they REALLY talk about that....? Would be the LAST thing on my mind on a cruise like that.....
Carry on, and love to Sandi
B&P