Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Day
Okay so the birthday is over and I don't feel any older, in fact I feel younger than reported by some of the East coast papers. I evidently made it into the celebrity birthdays section of the paper that got syndicated all over the country. The feature listed me as two years older than I am. That's just not fair. My real age is shocking enough. If you are going to make a mistake, make it in the other direction.

I am convinced that after 21 years of age we should go to an ageless society. Once you are old enough to have all the responsibilities and pleasures of an adult, who cares how old you are? Before that, everyone has an age. There is a huge difference between a child of 12 and a child of 18. But is there really that much difference in a person 52 and a person 58?

(In the voice of Andy Rooney) Did'ge ever wander why people are always stating their age? Why do they do that. People in their 80's really talk about their age all the time. It becomes an excuse for anything they do. If they look good and do something well, they say proudly, "I'm 82." When they goof up it is more of a rationalization, "Well, I am 82." Let's just pretend that we are all old enough and young enough to do whatever we want to do. No one has to retire, if they don't want to. You can be whatever age you want to live at.

On a different subject. What is up with Mel Gibson? Whatever becomes of his new hit reality conversation, I am totally baffled by the whole idea that it even exists. I'm not baffled that Mel has such a violent temper, foul mouth, or bigoted attitude; how could he have let those words from his own mouth be recorded? Who today doesn't assume that every phone conversation, voice message and email is being over heard? Not only are they overheard, they are published and "viral-ed" around the globe. Has he already forgotten the Tiger Woods lesson?

Mel (I call him Mel because I have seen several of his movies) is going through a custody battle (read Lawyers involved) with his "girl toy" (have you seen her? Barbie dolls contain less plastic) who has his child and he calls to yell and scream at her, on the phone? I think the word I am looking for is stupid. Of course the conversation was recorded and valuable to the courtroom almost as much as TMZ.

I am sure the person most grateful that Mel Gibson is in the news is Lindsay Lohan.

As you were,
Jay

No comments: