Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Sandi and Me...
There is a long family story that goes with this picture, too long to recall here.  It was taken by a street photographer on a rainy October day near Trafalgar Square in London.  The vendor also owned the monkey. 
 By 1974 Sandra and I have been married a couple of years and have enough money saved to take a trip. I had never been to Europe and Sandi wanted to go again so we went. 
We had a great time but we were broke when we got home.  Mr. Meeker hired us back at Charlie's Place and a year later we moved to Studio City.
They say, take a picture you don't like today and save it for ten  years and then you will really like it.  Well this picture of us is 36 years old and I'm still not sure I like it.  Sandi is trying not to notice that I am trying to grow a moustache, and I am trying not to notice that she is holding a monkey.
Sandi if you are reading this...I am glad we met. I can't believe how many years I have been in love with you.
Hurry home
As we were,
Jay

5 comments:

Roomie said...

R,

This post and this pic has made our day...what a lovely young couple, and a very special one...who knew that you would meet and fall in love and marry and have such a fine family and your lives taken all the wonderful turns it has....WOW!!!!! I'm getting a little teary...almost a "Love Story" pic except the entire thing has been good and continues to be.....thank you for sharing this with all of us and THANK YOU TWO FOR BEING OUR FRIENDS.....May you have many more years together.....and the picture is PRICELESS!!!!!! Just remember who is the boss....we love you both....just can't ell you how much....a lot.....
Carry on,
R & Mandy

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary dear brother and sister-in-law! We are so glad you two got together and have come this far. Love the picture! I'd forgotten the 'stache'!

Love you both!

Bob Conrad said...

Happy Anniversary Jay and Sandi.

Amanda By Night said...

You might not like this photo, but I love it. What a beautiful couple you are. Happy anniversary (sorry to be late) and here's to many more!

Unknown said...

My grandfather was Charles Meeker, and I met you at Charlie's Place when I was 8 years old. It was so nice to trip across your blog and see you mention him after all these decades. I hope all is well with you.