Thursday, December 10, 2009

The New Rancher
Tired of the confines of the city and wanting some solitude a guy builds his dream house in the middle of a Nevada desert. After the house is completed he sits on his new porch, alone, enjoying the endless view. On the horizon he sees a dust cloud. The longer he looks, he realizes that the cloud is getting closer and closer. Finally the cloud is close enough for the man to see that it is a horse and rider far off in the distance riding toward him.

Hours later the rider and horse arrive at the porch of the mans house. "Howdy, " the rider says, "My name is Anderson... I am your closest neighbor. I live about three quarters of a day's ride due east of you here. I just wanted to ride by and say welcome to the neighborhood."
"Well thank you" said the new home owner.
"As a matter of fact," says Anderson, "I am throwing a party in your honor, sort of a welcome to the neighborhood party at my house tomorrow night. I hope you like drinkin', gambling, eatin', fightin', and having sex cause there is going to be plenty of that. Just allow enough time to get there by 8:00pm."
"That sounds great... is there anything I can bring?"
"Naw, I got it covered, " says Anderson "....just gonna to be the two of us."

1 comment:

Roomie said...

R,
Was going to say that your story sounds a lot like our life in HSV, esp that beautiful view, except we have mountains....then I got closer to the end...Nope, not at all, no way in Hell, Jose!!!!!! What are you thinking?
Hope your shows are going as you want...know they are great...Checked into coming to see you next month, but since I'm going to be there for 10 days in April......can't do it....bring us up to date sometime if you like...2010 sounds like it's going to be a "hum dinger" for you and TTAO...we are still available for that valet and little dog positions.
We love you,
Carry on,
D&M