Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Plot Thickens
This is an up date on a story I was talking about some blogs ago. It concerned a friend of a friend who was caught up in the real life plot of "Double Indemnity". His ex-wife and a brother-in-law were trying to have him declared incapacitated so they could take his money. In league with a brain surgeon they told him he had only months to live because of a brain "tumor-like" disease. They almost had him locked away in a care facility in charge of his money when a real friend took him to get a second opinion. The second MRI revealed that the original diagnosis was a fraud.

Now, the only funny thing to come out of this scam was what the guy said when he discovered the foiled plot. After the positive results of the second opinion he phoned a friend very excited at the news. His words were.... "They did another scan of my brain and found nothing."


There is only four weeks until "Jay Johnson: The Two and Only" opens at the Colony Theatre in Burbank. Dates are December 3 through Dec 13th. If you live close enough to come, please do. This is a very special theatre, perfect to see my show. I don't know when we will perform it in the LA area again. We seem to be walking backwards getting the DVD of the show done... so seeing it live may be the only way for some time to come.

Here is the link to the Colony Theatre Site. It has all the information that you will need to find the theatre and book some tickets. They have a large subscription base and we sold out the last time we were here. I know we are getting close to selling out again. There are some great tickets left but you have to act soon.

I am always being scolded for not letting people know when and where I am performing. I am so glad to be back at this the Colony, performing close to home, I am really trying to spread the word. Please tell anyone one you know about it and send them to the Colony. It makes a really great Christmas gift.

As you were,
Jay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done, got em

Thanks Jay

Anonymous said...

Well, heck, I've been holding my breath waiting for that DVD.
'T's okay. I'm a patient person.
Sigh.
-Philip

Roomie said...

R....
We love the MRI result phone conversation.....sounds like something I would say....mainly because I don't have any fortune to worry about...SO...are tickets to your show in CA what Mandy and I are getting for Christmas? No DVD?
Carry on,
B&P

Linda said...

I'm letting all my L.A. peeps know!!