Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I got Nothin'
When I run out of things to write about.. I turn to my sketch book. This is a digital image that started out life as a picture taken in light that was too low. I'm not even sure where it was taken or who it is, but there was enough of an outline for me to construct my own demon. I love what you can do with photoshop. It could be one of the best art tools ever invented for the computer.

Other than the darkness behind the subject there was nothing to suggest this was the picture of a demon, it just took on its own life. I did similar painting from a picture of a friend shooting pool. That turned into an 18" x 32" canvas of a demon as well.

I'm not sure where my subconscious lies but there must be a lot of Gothic darkness down there some where. Perhaps this is just my way of getting ready for Halloween.

And since I brought it up let's talk about Halloween. It is the best time of year and my favorite holiday with out question. But remember kiddies, Halloween is "Night of the Dead" not "Hallmark Happy." It is a Gothic holiday of horror not an excuse to dress up like a fairy princess.

I'll write when I get a job.

As you were,
Jay

No comments: