Thursday, August 06, 2009

Correction!
In my post entitled "Jimmy and Sammy" on July 31 there is a correction to be made. On that date one of the paragraphs read:

"Sammy did his last show with Francisco Saturday night at the convention. On stage after the performance donated Francisco to the Museum where he will take up a position of silent spokesman to an act Sammy has done 2500 times in his life."

A day later I received this email from Sammy:

"Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts. HOWEVER..... make that 25,000 performances, not 2500, in my lifetime. "

That number has now been corrected in the original for people who research old posts.

Although to a dyslexic like myself 2500 and 25,000 would appear to be the same... there is obviously a vast difference. I certainly did not want to slight the impressive career of one of my favorite performers.

And as it turns out Sammy King does read this blog....

On a similar note, Sammy sent me a picture taken at the convention. It is of Brad Cummings, Jimmy Nelson, Jeff Dunham and Sammy. Seen below:

He said... "I wished you had been in that picture too."

Well, through the miracle of photo shop and a couple hours of work... wishes can come true.

If the Warren Commission would have had access to photoshop when it was investigating the Kennedy Assassination there would be pictures of Lee Harvey Oswald shooting the gun with a sign that says... Lone gunman.

Thanks for the email Sammy.
As you were,
Jay


3 comments:

Linda said...

that photo gave me the best laugh I've had in days...

Bob Conrad said...

Can I get an 8 by 10 of that. It's a picture of all my hero's

Tom Farrell said...

Jay,
I'll bet you Photo Shopped on your Mac, as do I.
I was at the Vent Haven ConVENTion.
Your Two and Only was a One and only, you were
fantastic, and the next day you got to sit in the
audience with your neighbor Jeff Dunham.
How cool is that ?