Monday, June 01, 2009

Who is Operating Bob?
Below is a photo taken May 23rd at SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) during the question and answer session following the world premier of "I'm No Dummy". In the group photo from left to right is Thelonious, Tom Ladshaw, Bob, Jay Johnson, Chloe, Lynn Trefzger, Marge Simon, Bryan Simon and the SIFF moderator.
In the picture all three ventriloquists are operating their puppets and, at the point this picture was taken, I am clearly answering a question with Bob. At no time did I ever take my hands off Bob's control stick but it looks as though my right hand is resting his shoulder.

In the close up you can clearly see what appears to be both my hands. It leads us to the question.. How is Bob being operated? I pretty sure this is just an illusion and the film taken at the time would show that I never rested my hand on Bob's shoulder as pictured. However it is kind of a spooky picture. It is a ghost picture of Bob actually moving by himself.

By the way it was a great time hanging out with the Lynn, Tom, Marge and Bryan. See the film when and where you can. It is a great ride.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Linda said...

I knew it!!!

Roomie said...

Where does one go to see "I'm No Dummy?" I don't live in Seattle of California....This photo is the same type of trickery that used to go on when Squeaky would come into my bedroom in the middle of the night wanting me to go downstairs and have malt-o-meal with him...why do you think I started locking my door? Scared the "beejeepers" out of me!!! Sorry we missed Lynn and Tom!!!
Carry on,
B&P