Friday, March 06, 2009

Random Friday
An actress was once asked how she approached playing the character roles she was know for. She said, "I first figure out how the character moves the air around when they walk into a room."

I have thought of that a lot. When you move the air in a room, like dropping a pebble in a pond, a ripple affect starts moving the rest of the environment around. I think this is true not just of air molecules but energy and spirit as well. Sometimes you just have to start moving in almost any direction and things begin to change. If you are moving in a positive way, positive waves come back. Unfortunately, negative reactions come back to as well.

Maybe it is just the law of reflection. Your energy spreads out in every direction and bounces off everything around you. It radiates back and eventually returns to you. Before you know it you are being moved by the very energy you started to begin with.

I recently found one of my journals written 35 years ago. In it was a list of goals I wanted to some day accomplish. They were personal, professional and economic wishes of sorts. At the time I wrote them down they all seemed completely impossible given my "station in life" at the time. But all were things that I continued to desire and strive to attain. One of those goals was to write and perform a show on Broadway. The other was to be an actor in a television sitcom.

I was shocked to find that ninety percent of the list has been accomplished. Evidently the way I moved the air and energy reflected back to move me in the right directions. I realize now I need to make sure I have a new list of impossible things to accomplish.

I am going to think more carefully about how I am moving the air around as I live my life. I have personal proof now that it comes back.

As you were,
Jay

No comments: