Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Alaska!
I took this picture at LAX while I was waiting for a plane this week end.  It is not always you see the mountains that surround LA so clearly. The best time is after a rain.  In this case the rain in the Valley was snow at lower elevations in the Santa Monica range.  The snow doesn't last very long so this "Alps-like" show doesn't stay.  I'm glad I had my camera for the shot.  California is going though some rough times with the financial crisis world wide.  We just passed a budget for the state last week.  However, you can't beat the weather. I mean this is February, and at 72 degrees this is about all the snow that you ever have to deal with.
As you were,
Jay



1 comment:

Bob Conrad said...

Nice photo. Thanks for the weather report, in goold old Bergen County New Jersey we have a high of 36 and a low of 19 today. Doesn't make you long for New York City?