Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008
I really like the idea of Thanksgiving.  The traditions of the dinner, the Macy's Parade, football games and gathering with friends and family not withstanding, it is a great notion.  Setting aside a time to be grateful is a very worthwhile reckoning.  Even in tough times I have more than I can comprehend to be thankful for.  It is nice to stop and take stock every chance I get.

I thought maybe I would put together a gratitude list for the blog this morning.  That list suddenly got out of hand. The Internet did not seem to be large enough to contain it.  After family, friends and events in my life, I started to just look around.  I couldn't find anything in my immediate world or consciousness that I couldn't be grateful for. Sounds like a paradox but I realized that I am grateful for gratefulness itself.  

If you are reading this you are probably included in the original list of friends or family.  In either case we are all part of this greater human family. I give you Thanks for today and everyday. Make it count.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
As you were,
Jay

1 comment:

Bob Conrad said...

Ditto, Jay