Thursday, November 20, 2008

I thought I could write some more about my courtroom experiences.  I had this romantic notion it would be a great back drop to study real life characters and write about it.  Instead I have become sickened by it.

Perhaps it would be different if I was not so emotionally involved.   The process stinks, the situation stinks and I did not realize the toll it would take to watch a friend go though this. 

They tell me a trial is like a three act play.   Act one always ends with a tragedy  that seems to be impossible to resolve.  We are only half way through Act 1 and the situation seems not just impossible but hopeless.  There is no happiness in a courtroom,  there is no funny bailiff.  Harry Anderson is not on the bench making wise cracks.  It is depressing, and sad to think that a person's life will change because of this hap hazard process.  I just hope the truth can be seen through this dirty window called American justice.

Although I can't seem to shut my mind off from the subject,  I don't think I can write anymore about it here in the blog.  If a couple of days are missing a blog, it is better than continuing to think about this. 

I'll get back to you when I can think funny again.  

As you were,
Jay

1 comment:

Linda said...

awww man! Is this what I have to look forward to? I have jury duty in a couple weeks.

But that's here in NYC Supreme Court...