Monday, October 06, 2008

Got Nothing
Other than the fact that the crime for which OJ was just convicted occurred on Sept 13, 2007 - adding one more number 13 to the incidence , here it is Monday and I got nothing.

I'm frustrated about most everything right now. It seems to be the fog that is hanging over the whole world right now. The financial ills of the US are spreading to Europe this week, and the campaign for the Presidency is getting nastier. Caribou Barbie seems to have actually become the pit bull in lipstick we were warned about. The only news seems to be the same story retold by different info-pushers. It is probably good that my television went out yesterday.

I feel sorry for whomever wins the Presidency. The next President inherits a recession, two wars, an energy crisis and world disrespect for the country. Everyone will expect him to fix it all immediately but it just can't be done quickly. This fast food nation will not have the patience's for that and will sour on the new leader quickly. Maybe not. Maybe just a leader that can lead will be enough to lift the fog. Officials keep talking about the confidence in the economy, it is hard to have confidence in any economy that allows the village idiot to be in charge. I think I have said too much. The idiot and his patriot act have eyes and ears everywhere.

As you were,
Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I share your angst, Jay, along with most of the country. I saw a medical report about the rise in anxiety and eating disorders over the current situation we're in. I agree with you about the difficulties the next president will face. I can't seem to pry myself from the internet political news, even though it contributes to my anxiety.

I want this election over, but I fear the outcome. I just can't see how we'll improve in any way with McMoreWar and Mooseburger and feel our image will continue to dive worldwide and war with Iran and who knows who else won't be far behind. Words, intelligence and diplomacy all matter very much and I see little to none of it from the Wrinkly-Winky Continuation of the Village Idiot's ticket.

Well, time for a stroll toward the pantry to find another comfort food pacifier 'cause I can't spare the time to hide under my bed in the fetal position. But it is very tempting.