Tuesday, April 01, 2008

For those who don't know my act with Darwin, this may not make sense. But here goes.


I am on a ship and finished with my shows for this run. I am now not crew, not passenger, I am cargo being hauled to Grand Caman where I will be off loaded and sent back to Los Angeles. As I am killing time looking around the duty free shop, an Asian man approaches me with his camera. "Nice show, I enjoy monkey velly much." (Writing pigeon English is not my strength). He asks if he can take a picture of me with his 5 year old son, sitting on my knee like Bob. I have no problem with this and the kid could care less in any language.


As we finish the picture the man's wife and daughter walk up. They are clueless as to who I am and why the little boy is sitting on my knee in a liquor store. The Father then says something, which taken out of context, becomes a felonious offense. He says, "Look it's Jay...you know, Don't touch my hiney" and he laughs hysterically.


Without a word, the mother takes the boy by the hand and leads the rest of the family quickly away from me as the man keeps laughing and repeating, "Don't touch my hiney".


I only hope that later the man is able to explain it is a call back to my act with Darwin and that I am not a catholic priest on vacation.


It supports my theory that ventriloquists don't go crazy, those around them go crazy.
As you were,

Jay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just hilarious and I keep re-reading to get a new laugh!

Linda said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you and Darwin should turn that into the next great beer slogan and do commercials for Heineken.