Monday, July 23, 2007

Ebb and Flo

Nothing much to report from the edge of sanity. I am on the largest ship in the world the Liberty of the Seas. It will be the largest ship for another couple of years until the launch the Genisis, it will be about four times bigger than this.  I think eventually you will be able to board a ship and walk the deck to Ireland, it will be that long.
 
I miss the artist of Manchester. It was like some Sheakspearian Midsummer night dream. I have to pinch myself that it really happened at all.  I know that I don't live a normal life, but the life that these artists live it even odd by my standards. Actually I am looking forward to doing the show again next year in Paris and Amsterdam. 
 
Interesting thing. I am now being introduced as "Tony Award winner...".  It always gets applause. It is almost like a knee jerk reaction by the audience.  MC says Tony Award and the audience clapps.  It is really fun to observe.  I am certainly enjoying the ride. 
 
This week end I will go the the Bohemian Grove.  It is a secret society and I can't even mention that I am a part of.  However, I am the first Tony Award winning member they have ever had.  I get to take my victory lap among the redwoods and hob knob with the boys of Bohemia. It is always fun.
 
As you were,
Jay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Liberty of the Seas,"..."Genesis"..."Paris and Amsterdam?"...would you like your personal valet and a dog to go with you? I have been in a lot of "out of time and space operas," especailly a DON GIOVANNI staged by dear Peter Sellers and a CARMEN by Peter Brook, but you have me beat in every way possible. More power to you young roomie. I guess since we haven't heard from you in a long time, this British version of "The Twilight Zone" that you have been involved with just makes us the "out of sight and out of mind crowd."
DW&M
I can't believe I am commenting on all of this...probably because the new tv dish went out...just my luck to have to read about "performance art." We love you anyway. You go on with that while we are "raising cane in Arkansas."

Anonymous said...

R,
Do you realize what a "lucky son of a gun" you are to have achieved all that you have in your short lifetime? Friends, Tony Awards, cruise ships, Bob and friends, Broadway, RUSTON, Honey Bun, ME and now the Bohemians...how could anyone "ask for anything more?"
DW&M
We would love to hear from you sometime.

Linda said...

"would love to hear from you sometime."

Yeah...me too!

Anonymous said...

Now that you are a Tony award winner, you need to get on Celebrity Jeopardy. I would love to see Alex's face when he reads the following off your card:"It says here that in addition to winning a Tony award for your Broadway show, you have also performed with the urinator and the bum girl. Would you like to explain?