Friday, May 11, 2007

I did some looping on my CSI episode yesterday. This is usually first time an actor gets to see part of a finished film production. I didn’t get to see much but what I saw looked good. The production team is excited about this episode. After seven years it is difficult to be excited, but this script seems to have done that.

This is CSI in Las Vegas, the original, not Miami or New York. The title is Living Doll and it will air next Thursday May 17th. Announcers used to say, “Check you local listing for time and channel” but now I think we just say, “Set your Tivo.”

It is an exciting week of New York coming up. Bob is ready for his trip to the Smithsonian Institution. I am a little sad to see him go, even though I think this is a great honor for him. This is beginning to sound like I’m sending a kid off to college so I’ll stop.

I have my fingers crossed that the Tony committee will decided to include “Special Theatrical Event” in their nominations this year, and have my toes crossed that we get a nod if they do.

It is a tough mental place to be. I want to put all the energy I can into believing in the nomination, but do not want to set myself up for another disappointment. Since these two ideas seem to be mutually exclusive it is difficult to even contemplate.
As you were,
Jay

6 comments:

Linda said...

My TIVO is set and I've got popcorn ready to pop!

Linda said...

CONGRATS Mr. Johnson on the nom!!!
(told ya)

Unknown said...

AND JUSTICE PREVAILS! Congrats, JJ.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

margiewrites said...

Congrats on the nomination! You deserve to win it. :)

Anonymous said...

I was sort of half-watching my TV, and the preview for the next CSI came on, when I heard a very familiar voice... BOB? well, no, but it was you, I'm glad to find out. I've been watching the first season of SOAP on DVD this week, so it will be great to see you all these years later.