Friday, March 30, 2007

I just finished some new work and of course Sandi is the first audience allowed to witness and give an opinion. This is not a task she relishes because she never knows how exactly to answer. Do I need her encouragement or her critical eye? Usually I’m not even sure what I am looking for. The child in me always needs a pat on the back, while the adult in me needs constructive feedback. It is an impossible situation from which to respond. But after decades together I still do it to Sandi.

I show her what I want her to see and as she is contemplating how to respond, I say, “I might be crazy, but I think this works.”

Her response is, “Well, I don’t think it is either or.”

As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yup, I agree!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Jay. I hope that you are doing well in your new ventures! Ruston has been pretty much the same since you left....ummmm..yea. Enough said, right? You have in no way been forgotten in this small town, and you will always be welcome to come back and see us any time!

Mindy