Friday, December 15, 2006

I always wanted to design my own set of Tarot Cards. However, creating 78 highly detailed and symbolic drawings seems like more work than my attention span will allow. I soon gave up on that idea.

While doing "The Two and Only" in Cambridge this summer, I decided to create a normal deck of playing cards (which includes only 12 drawings, 13 if you include the joker). This is a pen and ink study of a joker from my deck. So far I have a King, a Queen, three Jacks, one Ace and 7 jokers. Does anyone know some card games you can play with only 13 cards, half of them jokers? I have already lost interest. AADD.
As you were,
Jay

2 comments:

Linda said...

War? Smoke and Fire? 13 pick-up? I got nothi... oh look, a rainbow!

Anonymous said...

Quite lovely! You're almost forgiven for the lack of sightseeing while in Cambridge.
Wiz