Friday, October 06, 2006

Today I am coming back from an interview about 2:00 in the afternoon. I ask the driver to stop by the theater so I can pick up some clothes I left in my dressing room the day before. Le Miserable is going into the Broadhurst theater across the street from us. History Boys just closed. The Le Miserable trucks are three deep unloading the set and it is tough to get down 44th street.

I jumped out of the car to make a quick dash into the Helen Hayes when I hear…. “Hey… Jay.”

Sticking his head out of one of the trailers is Joe. Joe is a stagehand. I met Joe when I did Broadway on Broadway a few weeks ago. He was working that show as well. “How is it going? Are you having a good time?” He shouts.

“Could not be better”, I say and give him the thumbs up. He returns my thumbs with a big smile. It took all of ten seconds, but it made my day.

There you have it, the Broadway theater community. It is a very nice family. I feel like I just got a hug from George M. Cohen.

This is a great ride for anyone, but for a boy from Abernathy, Texas. Wow.
As you were,
Jay

No comments: