Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Wiz report for Friday night:

There's nothing like the muttering of the crowd before the show. Even before we started, Jay and I could tell that this was going to be a great audience - and they were. Along with applause and laughter I could hear a few whistles (in the "Soap" section and after "Darwin"). That energy is amazing.

Spaulding's "Who was that" / "What was that" routine ended in a little bit of "Who's on first." It made me laugh. The Art Sieving story was great tonight, very touching. There was a lot of applause after the first mention of "Soap", so Jay added "Well, we didn't know then." Squeaky was particularly touching and sweet. Bob is getting his laughs, as well as hoots, hollers, and whistles at the end the routine.

Overall, we had a terrific show. We're going to have an amazing journey.

This is our first weekend - so we have two shows on both Saturday and Sunday. I will post at the end of each night instead of each show.
Until the next one,
Wiz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What am I chopped liver, Why don't I ever get a mention in the show report?
Long John